The Marlene Socks are finished. Digging these.
I made these exactly as the pattern called for, using sport weight yarn. I know there are a lot of you out there that have made these in fingering weight. I don’t get it. How could it even be possible that they would go over a human sized calf using fingering weight.
I highly recommend sport weight and a pair of US 2 needles.
I also did one less repeat of the pattern for the leg and ribbed the toe by following the pattern and doing the decreases one stitch in from each needle. Worked like a charm.
It’s odd, really, because although the model in the pattern shows a ribbed toe (check out the last blog entry for a visual), the pattern gives directions for a stockinette toe. So, I winged it.
Next up: Eunice
Made with your choice of sock yarn:
and, another super secret project is about to hit the needles. One hint – it’s for Sock Summit and it may about kill me.