Have you ever had one of those
days weeks where your knitting just seems to be jinxed? First, I hit a snag with the yoga mat bag and now, I’ve run into a mess with my SOTS II stole. A misread of the chart has caused me to go back and tink the 15th row of my stole at least 3 times and somehow on the last un-tinking, I have dropped a stitch and now I am completely f*ck*edmessed up. Grrr…. this really is a result of my trying to pick up the knitting while I am tired. So, tomorrow, I am off to my LYS where I can consult the great, powerful and oh, so wise, AuntyTink (lace Goddess extraordinaire) and have her hold my hand through the fixing of the stole.
I am almost through the second, boring, ribbed stitch sock. I am using Art Yarns Ultramerino 4 in color 157. I originally hated these socks; mainly, I think, because they were intended to be another sock design that didn’t work. However, instead of fighting with the design, I instead cast on for some easy ribbed socks and I think subconsciously felt disappointed in myself for giving up so easily. As a result, the socks sat in my UFO pile while I tried hard to ignore them. However, when I put the finished sock on last week, I realized that the yarn is actually well suited to the rib pattern and committed to finishing them, rather than sending them to the frog pond. I am rolling along smoothly now and should have them done by the end of the week at the latest.
And, because the SOTS II stole is being a pain in the arse, I cast on for another project (this is a Ravelry link – pictures of my own knitting to be forthcoming soon). This one is being knit as a store sample for my LYS out of Alchemy yarn and should be off the needles by tomorrow evening. I think that a class on these mock cable mittens will be forthcoming sometime in the next month or so. I will post dates as soon as I have them.